5-Axis lens Grinding machine: 5-150 mm Optics
"The flexibility of the eSX 150 increases our machining capabilities, and OptiPro's technical support and service has always been exceptional."
The eSX 150 lens grinding machine has 5 controllable axes: X, Y, Z, B & C with up to 5 axes of simultaneous movement. The powerful Fagor 8070 CNC with user-friendly G Series software make the eSX 150 optical machining center an excellent choice for prototype to production manufacturing of precision optics up to 150mm.
Multiple advanced features on the eSX 150 help optical manufacturers achieve optimal results in terms of grinding efficiency, repeatability and surface quality after grinding:
- Better grinding: Stiff, heavy meehanite machine base to provide vibration dampening + spindle construction with high quality ceramic bearings
- Extensive part diameter range: Large work envelope with generous axes travels
- Faster set ups: Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface for precision optics with step-by-step process driven software (G Series)
- Full 5-axis machining standard: Capable of CAM driven manufacturing of off-axis, non-rotationally symmetric parts as well as coring operations
- High accuracy tool and work spindles: HSK 63 quick-change holders for less chatter
- Process consistency: Liquid cooled spindles
- Better process control: Direct drive spindles
- More cutting power: Integral high torque spindle motor
- Tooling flexibility: Accommodates a wide variety of tools, including ball tools
- Energy efficient: Servos turn off automatically
- Additional features available: Automatic tool and work piece probes, twin spindles, automatic tool changers, mist removal, and more
Maximize throughput of precision optics, including spheres, aspheres, cylinders, freeforms, and more, by implementing the capability of the eSX 150 into your manufacturing operations.