UFF 300 Aspheric Lens & Freeform Optics Polishing Machine: 10-300 MM
UFF 300 Overview
UFF 300 is ideal for polishing a variety of different optics up to 300mm in diameter, including spheres, aspheric lenses, aspheric cylinders, freeforms and more. UFF 300 allows you to polish directly after grind with high removal rates (no need to pre-polish!). This platform utilizes OptiPro’s patented 5-axis sub-aperture polishing system, UltraForm® Finishing (UFF™). UFF involves a moving belt of polishing material wrapped around a precision compressive wheel delivering 1/2 wave p-v or better accuracies.
Multiple advanced features help companies decrease cycle times while increasing quality and throughput of aspheric and freeform precision optics:
- Better finishing: Stiff, heavy meehanite machine base to provide vibration dampening
- Faster set-ups: Easy-to-learn U Series software guides operator through process (automatic tool path optimization)
- Process consistency and durability: Moving belt of polishing material provides 1,250mm of linear tool surface
- Process flexibility: Variety of precision belts utilizing classic polyurethane to uniquely formulated materials ranging from 1/2 to 250 micron abrasive for grind to final polish
- Faster cycle times: Quickly polish directly after grind with high removal rates
- Extensive material processing: Variety of fixed and loose abrasives can be utilized to polish optical glasses, crystals, ceramics, and metals such as stainless steel lens mold inserts
- Difficult geometries made easy: Multiple wheel options for finishing down to 5mm concave aspheres
- Deterministic corrections: On-board removal function measurements and feedback from metrology instruments for correcting rotationally symmetric or asymmetric optics
- Freeform capable: Ability to use sag table as input to define non-rotationally symmetric shapes; can also perform full 5-axis figure correction using PROSurf Freeform CAM Software
- Safer touch-offs: Non-contact probing won’t scratch polished part
- Easy to service: Maintenance items readily accessible
The impressive capability and versatility of the UFF 300 allows your company to achieve high precision polishing of simple or complex optical components with unprecedented efficiency.
UFF 300 Technical Specifications
UltraForm Finishing Machine Specifications* PRO 80 UFF UFF 300 UFF 500 Workpiece Optimal Diameter Range 10-80 mm (.39-3.14") 10-300 mm (.39-11.8") 25-500 mm (.98-19.7") Maximum Plano Diameter** 100 mm (3.9") 300 mm (11.8") 500 mm (19.7") Maximum Weight 15 kg (33 lbs.) 23 kg (51 lbs.) 170 kg (374.8 lbs.) Work Spindle** Spindle Speed 0-1,500 RPM 0-500 RPM 0-200 RPM Hydro-Expansion Standard Standard Standard Vacuum Chuck Standard Standard Standard C-Axis Position and Hold Standard Standard Standard Travels X-Axis Travel 250 mm (9.8") 500 mm (19.7") 1,200 mm (47.2") Y-Axis Travel 6 mm (0.24") 400 mm (15.7") 700 mm (27.6") Z-Axis Travel 140 mm (5.5") 500 mm (19.7") 500 mm (19.7") B-Axis Travel -60° to 60° -90° to 90º -90° to 90° C-Axis Travel 0 ° to 360° 0 ° to 360° 0 ° to 360° Communication Interface Ethernet Standard Standard Standard USB Standard Standard Standard Machine Dimensions Width 1,000 mm (39") 2,110 mm (83") 2,570 mm (101") Depth 1,500 mm (59") 2,515 mm (99") 3,700 mm (146") Height 2,440 mm (96") 2,700 mm (106") 3,020 mm (119") Weight 1,600 kg (3,500 lbs.) 3,400 kg (7,500 lbs.) 5,750 kg (12,650 lbs.) Workpiece Probing Standard Standard Standard Tool Probing Standard Standard Standard Asphere Fabrication Standard Standard Standard Non-Rotationally Symmetric Correction Optional Optional Optional Freeform Fabrication N/A Optional Optional
* Specifications subject to change. Contact OptiPro for the latest specifications.
** Machine is capable of manufacturing maximum plano size in small volume. For medium and large production quantities of max plano size, consider OptiPro’s larger platform.
Machine Features and Capabilities
- Deterministic finishing of spheres and aspheres to 1/2 wave and planos to 1/5 wave
- Correct figure error using feedback from Zygo interferometer or profilometer
- Finish aspheres in a fraction of the time
- Polish directly after grind…No need to pre-polish!
- On-board laser probe automates setup
- Low operational costs with the use of conventional polishing slurries and consumables
- Deterministic CNC polishing means less scrap
- Finish a large variety of shapes and sizes