Intelligent Machining Saves Time and Money
Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion and Accelerated Finishing Combine for Powerful Productivity Gains
For nearly a decade, Mastercam has included Dynamic Motion. Carving out massive amounts of material quickly while dramatically extending tool life, Dynamic Motion immediately saves money. Combined with vendor-specific tool support and Mastercam’s expanded Accelerated Finishing, projects come off the machine faster and with higher quality than ever before.
Mastercam Mill has been shop-tested more than any CAM program in the world. You can count on Mastercam for real-world, proven results.
From simple to complex, Mastercam Mill’s 2D machining capability delivers the tools you need to compete.
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs prismatic solid features like drill holes, contours, and pockets.
- Easy, automated, flexible hole making.
- Precision chip control for a wide set of tools, plus specialized tool support including ISCAR®’s High Efficiency Machining (HEM) tool set and more.
Mastercam provides unsurpassed control on surface cuts, delivering superior finishes and optimized cycle times.
- Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology powers dramatically efficient roughing.
- Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent finish on sloped and flat surfaces.
- Constant-Z rest milling (remachining) identifies and machines areas needing a smaller tool.
- Hybrid finishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope changes.
- Pencil tracing walks a tool along the intersection of surfaces to clean out hard-to-reach areas.
With Mastercam, you have complete control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance. From 4-axis rotary and roll-die cutting to multiblade impellers with tight internal cuts, Mastercam helps simplify even the most complex jobs.
Other highlights include:
• Multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing (including depth cuts), plunge roughing, and flowline machining.
• Swarf machining over multisurface floors.
• Automatic 3+2 roughing creates a single multiplane roughing toolpath for an entire part.
• Advanced gouge checking, a “safe zone” around the part, and safe linking between operations.
• Fast, simple 5-axis trimming and stock-aware drilling.
• Ability to create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis toolpath.