PRO 80 UFF Aspheric Lens Polishing Machine: 10-80 MM Optics
PRO 80 UFF Overview
The PRO 80 UFF is ideal for polishing aspheric lenses and spherical optics up to 80mm in diameter. PRO 80 UFF allows you to polish directly after grind with high removal rates (no need to pre-polish!). This platform utilizes OptiPro’s patented sub-aperture polishing system UltraForm® Finishing (UFF™). UFF involves a moving belt of polishing material wrapped around a precision compressive wheel delivering 1/2 wave p-v or better accuracies. UFF incorporates a range of precision belts from classic polyurethane to uniquely formulated materials, making it perfect for polishing a wide variety of optical glasses, ceramics, crystals, and metals such as stainless steel lens mold inserts.
Multiple advanced features on the PRO 80 UFF help companies decrease cycle times while increasing quality and throughput of aspheres:
- Better finishing: Stiff granite machine base to provide vibration dampening
- Faster set-ups: Easy-to-learn U Series software guides operator through process (automatic tool path optimization)
- Process consistency and durability: Moving belt of polishing material provides 1,250mm of linear tool surface
- Process flexibility: Variety of precision belts utilizing classic polyurethane to uniquely formulated materials ranging from 1/2 to 250 micron abrasive for grind to final polish
- Faster cycle times: Quickly polish directly after grind with high removal rates
- Extensive material processing: Variety of fixed and loose abrasives can be utilized to polish optical glasses, crystals, ceramics, and metals such as stainless steel lens mold inserts
- Difficult geometries made easy: Multiple wheel options for finishing down to 5mm concave aspheres
- Deterministic corrections: On board removal function measurements and feedback from metrology instruments for correcting rotationally symmetric or asymmetric parts
- Safer touch-offs: Non-contact probing won’t scratch polished part
- Small footprint: Self-contained with all peripheral items within machine
- Mobility: On wheels for easy movement, leveling feet for fast set up
- Easy to service: Maintenance items readily accessible
The impressive capability and versatility of the PRO 80 UFF allows your company to achieve high precision polishing of aspheres or spheres with unprecedented efficiency.
PRO 80 UFF Technical Specifications
UltraForm Finishing Machine Specifications* PRO 80 UFF UFF 300 UFF 500 Workpiece Optimal Diameter Range 10-80 mm (.39-3.14") 10-300 mm (.39-11.8") 25-500 mm (.98-19.7") Maximum Plano Diameter** 100 mm (3.9") 300 mm (11.8") 500 mm (19.7") Maximum Weight 15 kg (33 lbs.) 23 kg (51 lbs.) 170 kg (374.8 lbs.) Work Spindle** Spindle Speed 0-1,500 RPM 0-500 RPM 0-200 RPM Hydro-Expansion Standard Standard Standard Vacuum Chuck Standard Standard Standard C-Axis Position and Hold Standard Standard Standard Travels X-Axis Travel 250 mm (9.8") 500 mm (19.7") 1,200 mm (47.2") Y-Axis Travel 6 mm (0.24") 400 mm (15.7") 700 mm (27.6") Z-Axis Travel 140 mm (5.5") 500 mm (19.7") 500 mm (19.7") B-Axis Travel -60° to 60° -90° to 90º -90° to 90° C-Axis Travel 0 ° to 360° 0 ° to 360° 0 ° to 360° Communication Interface Ethernet Standard Standard Standard USB Standard Standard Standard Machine Dimensions Width 1,000 mm (39") 2,110 mm (83") 2,570 mm (101") Depth 1,500 mm (59") 2,515 mm (99") 3,700 mm (146") Height 2,440 mm (96") 2,700 mm (106") 3,020 mm (119") Weight 1,600 kg (3,500 lbs.) 3,400 kg (7,500 lbs.) 5,750 kg (12,650 lbs.) Workpiece Probing Standard Standard Standard Tool Probing Standard Standard Standard Asphere Fabrication Standard Standard Standard Non-Rotationally Symmetric Correction Optional Optional Optional Freeform Fabrication N/A Optional Optional
* Specifications subject to change. Contact OptiPro for the latest specifications.
** Machine is capable of manufacturing maximum plano size in small volume. For medium and large production quantities of max plano size, consider OptiPro’s larger platform.
- “Rock-Solid” granite core ensures thermal stability and consistent part-to-part accuracy
- 5 controllable axes: X, Y, Z, B & C with up to 5 axes of simultaneous movement
- Fagor 8070 CNC machine control with a high resolution LCD touch screen monitor
- Automatic tool probe and work probe for in-process monitoring
- Menu-driven data entry screens with operator prompts for process data input minimizes set-up time
- Graphical tool path verification increases safety by allowing operator to visualize the grinding operation step-by-step before actually running the part
- Quick tool change and precision tool registration with the use of industry standard tapered tool holders
- Continuous display of axes positions and distance-to-go values
- Automatic curve correction using spherometer radius measurement input
- Asphere process & analysis software