ePX 200 High Speed Spherical Lens Polisher: Optics up to 200 mm
ePX 200 Overview
The ePX 200 CNC high speed spherical lens polisher allows users to perform multi-step polishing of spherical surfaces up to 200 mm in diameter. The ePX 200 features a rigid, heavy Meehanite cast-iron machine base and powerful spindles with more torque for polishing high quality surfaces on large optics and spherical domes. Menu-driven P Series software with user-friendly GUI makes it easy to input and view required process data, process cycle parameters, polishing pressure, polishing time, oscillation speed, spindle loads, and more.
Multiple advanced features on the ePX 200 help companies decrease cycle times while increasing quality and throughput of spherical and plano precision optics:
- Better polishing: Stiff, heavy meehanite machine base to provide vibration dampening
- Faster set ups: Easy-to-learn, intuitive P Series software with four custom chainable process cycles
- User-friendly interface: Built in help menus with on-board graphic guidance
- Versatility: In addition to spherical optics, capable of hemispherical dome polishing
- Extensive part diameter range: More torque on the spindles allows for high speed polishing of large optics
- Extensive material processing: Polish a wide variety of optical materials to angstrom-level quality by utilizing different combinations of slurries and polyurethane pads
- Easy cleanup for fast slurry changeover: All stainless steel containment makes it easy to clean, saving time and money when switching from one job to another
- Convenience and confidence: Polishing tool correction and truing can be programmed and performed in radius, sag and fringes directly on the polisher, saving time during job setup and ensuring desired polishing results
- Energy efficient: Servos turn off automatically
- Tooling flexibility: Available with optional UltraSmooth Finishing (USF) capability for polishing aspheres and freeforms
Maximize production of spherical optics and hemispherical domes by adding the capability of the ePX 200 to your manufacturing floor.
EPX 200 Technical Specifications
High Speed Polishing Machine Specifications* PRO 80P PRO 160P/PRO 160P+ ePX 200 Workpiece Optimal Diameter Range Up to 80 mm (3.15") Up to 160 mm (6.3") Up to 200 mm (7.87") Maximum Weight 15 kg (33 lbs.) 30 kg (66 lbs.) 100 kg (220 lbs.) Work Spindle** Spindle Speed, Power 1-1,500 RPM, 1.3 kW 1-1,500 RPM, 1.8 kW 25-2,000 RPM, 5kW Hydro-Expansion Chuck Standard Standard Standard Work Chuck Pneumatic Bladder Pneumatic Bladder Pneumatic Bladder Tool Spindle Maximum Tool Diameter 160 mm (6.3") 300 mm (11.8") 400 mm (15.7") Spindle Speed, Power 50-1,500 rpm, 1.3kW 0-1,500 rpm, 1.8kW 25-2,000 rpm, 5kW Hydro-Expansion Chuck Standard Standard Standard Polishing Tool Aluminum or Steel Body with Polyurethane Foil Aluminum or Steel Body with Polyurethane Foil Aluminum or Steel Body with Polyurethane Foil Travels X-Axis Travel 170 mm (6.7") 420 mm (16.5") 468 mm (18.4") Y-Axis Travel 3 mm (0.12") 6 mm (0.24") 210 mm (8.3") Z-Axis Travel 140 mm (5.5") 220 mm (8.6") 200 mm (7.87") B-Axis Travel -5° to 65° -5° to 65° -90° to 90° Communication Interface Ethernet Standard Standard Standard USB Standard Standard Standard Machine Dimensions Width 1,000 mm (39") 1,400 mm (55") 2,110 mm (83") Depth 1,500 mm (59") 1,730 mm (68") 2,515 mm (99") Height 2,440 mm (96") 2,440 mm (96") 2,700 mm (106") Weight 1600 kg (3,500 lbs.) 1950 kg (4,300 lbs.) 3,400 kg (7,500 lbs.) Electrical 480V +/- 5%, 24A 480V +/- 10%, 24A 480 V +/- 5%, 49A Compressed Air 100 PSI, 5 CFM clean dry air 100 PSI, 5 CFM clean dry air 100 PSI, 5 CFM clean dry air Coolant Water DI Water DI Water DI Water
* Specifications subject to change. Contact OptiPro for the latest specifications.
** PRO 160P+ has dual lower spindles (Work Spindle and Truing Spindle), both of which have the same specifications.
- 4 controllable axes: X, Y, Z, & B
- Fagor 8065 CNC machine control with a high resolution LCD touch screen monitor and simplified user interface
- Menu-driven data entry screens with operator prompts for process data input minimizes set-up time
- User can define multiple process steps for each job
- Easily accessible work area for hemisphere fixtures
- Continuous display of cycle time and spindle load meters
- Polishing tool correction and truing directly on the polisher
- Quick set-up and process change-over
- Polishing slurry system
- Tool Height Measurement Station
- Slurry Through the Tool
- Tooling Packages
- Tool design program for tool and chuck selection