PRO 80 GTS Optical Lens Generator: 5-80 mm Optics
PRO 80 GTS Overview
The PRO 80 GTS optical lens generator is the ideal solution for rapid prototyping to high volume production of spherical and aspheric precision optics up to 80mm in diameter. It is designed with a vibration isolated “rock-solid” granite core to ensure ultimate precision, thermal stability, and consistent part-to-part accuracy. The unique modular concept packs a lot of capability into a compact footprint. With powerfully simple job-setups, exceptional ergonomics, highest quality machine components and robust spindles, the PRO 80 GTS is a high performance, competitively priced lens generator built completely in the USA!
Multiple advanced features on the PRO 80 GTS help optical manufacturers achieve optimal results in terms of grinding efficiency, repeatability and surface quality after grinding:
- Better grinding: Stiff granite machine base + spindle construction with high quality ceramic bearings
- Process consistency: Liquid cooled spindles
- Better process control: Direct drive spindles
- More cutting power: Integral high torque spindle motor
- High accuracy tool and work spindles: HSK 63 quick-change holders for less chatter
- Faster set ups: Easy-to-use GUI for precision optics with step-by-step process driven software (G Series)
- Streamlined probe interface: Easy to use, easy to customize online metrology
- Energy efficient: Servos turn off automatically
- Custom process step: Compatible with Mastercam CAM software for offline tool paths
- On board tool dressing: Safer, better dressed tool at part geometry, able to utilize tools that are otherwise unusable
- Small footprint: Self contained with all peripheral items within machine
- Mobility: On wheels for easy movement, leveling feet for fast set up
Maximize throughput of spherical and aspheric precision optics by implementing the capability of the PRO 80 GTS into your manufacturing operations.
PRO 80 GTS Technical Specifications
Optical Grinding Machine Specs* PRO 80 GTS PRO 160 GTS eSX 150 Workpiece Optimal Dia. Range 5-80 mm (.2-3.1") 10-160 mm (.4-6.3") 5-150 mm (.2-5.9") Max. Plano Diameter** 100 mm (3.9") 160 mm (6.3") 200 mm (7.9") Max. Weight 15 kg (33 lbs.) 30 kg (66 lbs.) 23 kg (51 lbs.) Work Spindle Spindle Speed 0-1,500 RPM 0-600 RPM 0-500 RPM Hydro Expansion Chuck Standard Standard Standard C-Axis Position and Hold Standard Standard Standard Tool Spindle Maximum Tool Diameter 75 mm (3") 160 mm (6.3") 125 mm (5") Maximum Tool Weight 4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.) 4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.) 6 kg (13.2 lbs.) Tool Spindle Speed 200-20,000 RPM 0-24,000 RPM 1,000-22,000 RPM Spindle Power (Peak) 8.7kW (11.6hp) 8.5kW (11.4hp) 14.4kW (19.3hp) Tool Holder Style HSK63F HSK63F HSK63F Coolant Thru Spindle N/A N/A Optional Twin Spindle Standard Standard Optional Travels X-Axis Travel 250 mm (9.8") 360 mm (11.8") 500 mm (19.6") Y-Axis Travel 6 mm (.24") 6 mm (.24") 400 mm (15.7") Z-Axis Travel 140 mm (5.5") 180 mm (7.1") 500 mm (19.6") B-Axis Travel -60° to 60° -60° to 60° -90° to 90° C-Axis Travel 0° to 360° 0° to 360° 0° to 360° Communication Interface Ethernet Standard Standard Standard USB Standard Standard Standard Automatic Tool Changer N/A N/A Optional Machine Dimensions Width 1,000 mm (39") 1,400 mm (55") 2,110 mm (83") Depth 1,500 mm (59") 1,730 mm (68") 2,515 mm (99") Height 2,440 mm (96") 2,440 mm (96") 2,700 mm (106") Weight 1,600 kg (3,500 lbs) 1,950 kg (4,300 lbs) 3,400 kg (7,500 lbs) Workpiece Probing Standard Standard Standard Tool Probing Standard Standard Standard Integrated Spherometer Optional Optional Optional Asphere Fabrication Optional Optional Optional Freeform Fabrication N/A N/A Optional
* Specifications subject to change. Contact OptiPro for the latest specifications.
** Machine is capable of manufacturing maximum plano size in small volume. For medium and large production quantities of max plano size, consider OptiPro’s larger platform.
- “Rock-Solid” granite core ensures thermal stability and consistent part-to-part accuracy
- 4 controllable axes: X, Y, Z, & B with up to 4 axes of simultaneous movement
- Fagor 8065 CNC machine control with a high resolution LCD touch screen monitor
- Menu-driven data entry screens with operator prompts for process data input minimizes set-up time
- Graphical tool path verification increases safety by allowing operator to visualize the grinding operation step-by-step before actually running the part
- Quick tool change and precision tool registration with the use of industry standard tapered tool holders
- Continuous display of axes positions and distance-to-go values
- Automatic curve correction using spherometer radius measurement input
- Mist removal
- Automatic tool probe and work probe for in-process monitoring
- Coolant filtration system