Careers at OptiPro Systems
OptiPro Systems has established itself as a solution provider for manufacturing precision optics. We are also very proud distributors of the world’s most popular CAM software, Mastercam, as well as the finest machine tools in the market. We are continuously striving to stay ahead of the technological curve, so our customers can stay ahead of the competition. Our team of engineers, technicians, salespeople, and front office personnel work together on a daily basis to provide our customers with cost-effective manufacturing solutions, coupled with service and support that is second-to-none.
OptiPro employs knowledgeable and experienced professionals that possess teamwork skills and consider the opinions of others, ensuring a positive work environment. Our employees have a passion for serving manufacturing companies across New York State as well as optics manufacturers all over the world.
If you believe you share this passion and have what it takes to be a part of the OptiPro team, please complete our employment application. If you run into any issues with our form please contact email@example.com.
OptiPro is currently hiring qualified applicants for the following positions:
Field Service Technician - Level III
The Service Technician III is responsible for the completion of Service related work within the organization. This work will include installation, preventative maintenance, warranty work, and troubleshooting / repair of CNC machines at Customer sites. This individual will have frequent, direct contact with Customers and is expected to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Related experience or training in a machine tool service environment: Responsibilities: Level 3 (7+ yrs.)
- Always represents OptiPro Systems in a professional and courteous
- Promoting and preforming preventative maintenance on customer equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and
- Responsible for flowing information back to OptiPro for new and unresolved Service issues.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships with our Customers, Vendors, and related third parties.
- Maintains and protects all company property, tools, vehicles, and
- Performs work in a safe manner adhering to all policies, regulations, and laws for both OptiPro and the Customer.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of products and methods to perform work in a safe and efficient
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of work orders and required paperwork for all jobs, including Customer sign offs, expense reports, receipts,
- Accurately keeps track of time and material spent on
- Works with Service Coordinators and Customers to resolve Customer cases in a timely manner.
- Travels to Customer site to install new
- Travels to Customer site to maintain (preventative maintenance) the equipment that OptiPro sells.
- Travels to Customer site to troubleshoot on an advanced level the equipment that OptiPro sells.
- Travels to Customer site to repair, unsupervised, the equipment that OptiPro
- Ability to Ball-Bar, Laser Compensate
- Ability to properly estimate jobs (materials, labor) – project manager for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Related experience or training in a machine tool service environment: Required Skills: Level 3 (7+ yrs.)
- Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer relationship skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Lock Out Tag Out training
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Must be able to handle troubleshooting technical problems that happen and learn any skills that are
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics; ability to read and interpret drawings and
- Knowledge of safe rigging
- Technical/engineering background
- CNC machine tool programming
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- Ability to work flexible hours; frequent travel (day and overnight) and driving throughout identified territory is necessary (travel = 85%)
- Travel for training on vendor equipment and industry trade
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (KPI’S)
This position will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Accuracy and timeliness of turning in paperwork for billing
- Ability to resolve Customer issues in the minimum number of trips
- Ability to estimate and meet estimates for job completion (time and materials).
- Ability to resolve cases in a timely manner (number of cases completed).
- Timeliness and accuracy in the entry of time into GSS and reporting on a daily
- Case Statistics – Average days open, average days Customer is
- Customer satisfaction – surveys
OptiPro Systems, LLC. (OptiPro) must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of ITAR, the company must limit employment opportunities to the following eligible categories, (1) a citizen or national of the U.S., (2) a lawful permanent resident, (3) citizen admitted as a refugee, or (4) citizen who has been granted asylum.
OptiPro is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. OptiPro will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.