PZX 5-Axis Prism Grinding Machine
The PZX prism grinding machine is the latest solution for companies looking to enhance their prism manufacturing capabilities. The PZX is capable of machining prisms up to 6″ thick with a maximum diameter of 10″ for the longest diagonal. Powered by user-friendly G Series software, operators can quickly set up jobs to machine all prisms surfaces in one cycle by specifying the angle and material removal for each surface. Compound angles can be machined with precision due to a rotating B-axis with -90 to 180 degrees of motion. In addition, dual spindles provide the ability to perform rough and fine grinding of prism surfaces in one cycle without the need to manually change tools.
Multiple features and capabilities on the PZX makes prism machining easier and more efficient:
- Better grinding: Stiff, heavy meehanite machine base to provide vibration dampening + spindle construction with high quality ceramic bearings
- Precision-grade C-axis: 30 arc-sec positioning accuracy for achieving precision angular tolerances
- Vertical prism clamping system: Designed to hold prisms with .5 bar to 6 bar clamping pressure
- Faster set ups: Easy-to-use Graphical User Interface for prisms with step-by-step process driven software (G Series)
- Extensive part diameter range: Large work envelope with generous axes travels
- Full 5-axis machining standard: Rotating B-axis with -90 to 180 degrees of motion makes it possible to machine compound angles with precision
- More efficiency: Dual spindles for rough and fine grinding in one cycle
- Process consistency: Liquid cooled spindles
- Better process control: Direct drive spindles
- More cutting power: Integral high torque spindle motor
- Energy efficient: Servos turn off automatically
- Additional features available: Automatic tool and work piece probes, mist removal, and more
Maximize throughput of optical prisms by implementing the capability of the PZX into your manufacturing operations.
PZX Technical Specifications
Prism Grinding Specs* PZX Workpiece Maximum Thickness Up to 6" tall Maximum Diameter of Largest Diagonal 10" (Tooling Dependent) Maximum Weight 300 kg (661 lbs.) Work Spindle Spindle Speed 0-250 rpm Hydro Expansion Chuck Standard C-Axis Position and Hold Standard Tool Spindle Maximum Tool Diameter 6" (for Prism Manufacturing) Maximum Tool Weight 6 kg (13.2 lbs.) Tool Spindle Speed 1,000 - 18,000 rpm Spindle Power (Peak) 7kW (9.5hp) Tool Holder Style ER40 Collet Twin Spindle Standard Twin Spindle Optional Travels X-Axis Travel 500 mm (19.6") Y-Axis Travel 400 mm (15.7") Z-Axis Travel 500 mm (19.6") B-Axis Travel -90° to 180° C-Axis Travel 0° to 360° Vertical Prism Clamping System Clamping Pressure .5 bar to 6 bar Communication Interface Ethernet Standard USB Standard Machine Dimensions Width 2,110 mm (83") Depth 2,515 mm (99") Height 2,700 mm (106") Weight 3,400 kg (7,500 lbs.) Facility Requirements Electrical 480V +/- 5%, 67A Air Supply 100PSI, 5 CFM clean dry air Workpiece Probing Standard Tool Probing Standard
* Specifications subject to change. Contact OptiPro for the latest specifications.