Exceptional Machine Tool Service & Support
Purchasing a machine tool from OptiPro Systems means not only investing in the latest manufacturing technology, you are also benefiting from a support system unlike any other. Both OptiPro and Methods Machine Tools share the same value of maintaining strong customer relationships through service and support that is second-to-none.
OptiPro offers a wide variety of services including machine certification, calibration, trouble shooting, field service repair, and preventative maintenance. Our service team consists of factory trained professionals with backgrounds in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and metrology fields. And because our electrical and mechanical engineers design and build custom machine tools in house, we are in a unique position to more fully understand the workings of the equipment that we sell, including the Methods Machine Tools line. Our technicians are provided with the most updated training and equipment, giving our customers the highest quality service available.
Extensive Service Capabilities
- Mechanical and electrical machine tool repair
- Machine relocation, leveling, and realignment
- Spindle balancing & vibration analysis up to 60,000 RPM
- Machine tool preventative maintenance and inspection
- Laser compensation of linear and rotary axes using Renishaw equipment
- Ballbar testing using Renishaw equipment
- Way straightness, flatness, and squareness (horizontal and vertical)
- Angular displacement (roll, pitch & yaw)
Advanced Service Equipment
- Renishaw XL-80 Compact Laser System (+/- 0.5 ppm, 4.0 m/s performance) - Linear measurement accuracy is assured +/- 0.5 ppm thanks to a precision stabilized laser source and accurate environmental compensation. Readings can be taken at up to 50 kHz, with a maximum linear measurement speed of 4 m/s and a linear resolution of 1 nm, even at maximum speed. All measurement options (not just linear) are based on interferometric measurements, giving confidence in the accuracy of the data recorded.
- Renishaw XR20-W Rotary Axis Calibrator (+/- 1 arc second accuracy)
- Automated calibration - The XR20-W is motorized and data capture is synchronized to axis movement, i.e. no operator intervention required during data capture.
- High accuracy and repeatability - Measurement accuracy of +/- 1 arc second. All Renishaw systems are factory calibrated and delivered with traceable certification.
- Use of Renishaw laser system - Provides a high integrity, non-contact reference measurement, remote from the axis under test.
- Renishaw QC20-W BallBar System - Regular ballbar testing of machine tools helps to:
- Ensure accurate parts, the first time, from CNC machines
- Reduce machine down-time, scrap and inspection costs
- Demonstrate compliance with machine performance and quality management standards
- Implement fact-based predictive maintenance
- Tektronix TDS 1002B 2 Channel Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- Mitutoyo Anti Magnetic True Test Indicators 0.005" & 0.0001"
- Fluke Digital multimeter
- Vibrotest® 60 spindle vibration analyzer - Predictive Machine Maintenance has many facets - Vibrotest 60 is a vibration analyzer, data collector, and balancing instrument in one package.
- For off-line data collection and evaluation, Vibrotest 60 leaves nothing to be desired, with low weight, large storage capacity, flexible handling and xms monitoring software and database.
- As an analyzer, the 2-channel Vibrotest 60 sets the standard with the extent of its functions.
- As a field balancing instrument, Vibrotest 60 uses unique methods to simplify and shorten a balancing procedure.
- Clamprite Spindle Drawbar Force Gage
Dedicated Parts Department
We maintain an inventory of frequently requested service parts. If you call us with a part order before 3:00 pm EST, we will make every effort to ship the part on the same day.
In addition, Methods Machine Tools has one of the largest parts inventories in North America. Their extensive parts department inventory has an impressive 90% fill rate for critical parts orders placed and shipped the same day.
Learn more about Methods Parts »
No matter what your machine tool needs, OptiPro and Methods are prepared to support your investment.