5-Axis lens Grinding machine: 10-500 mm Optics
The SXL 500 is a 5-Axis CNC bridge style lens grinding machine. The unique axes configuration provides an accurate and versatile platform for grinding brittle materials such as glass, ceramics and hardened steels up to 500 mm in diameter. This machine is ideal for generating 1/2 to 1 meter class optics, large spheres and aspheres, parabolic mirrors, and freeform surfaces.
Multiple advanced features on the SXL 500 help optical manufacturers achieve optimal results in terms of grinding efficiency, repeatability and surface quality after grinding:
- Better grinding: Stiff, heavy meehanite machine base to provide vibration dampening and spindle construction with high quality ceramic bearings
- Bridge-style configuration: Conducive to loading and unloading large parts with crane
- Extensive part diameter range: 10-500mm workpiece size, 550mm planos, 1200mm of X-travel to accommodate contouring of large workpieces
- Full 5-axis machining standard: Capable of CAM driven manufacturing of off-axis, non-rotationally symmetric parts as well as coring operations
- Faster set ups: Easy-to-use GUI for precision optics with step-by-step process driven software (G Series)
- High accuracy tool and work spindles: HSK 63 quick-change holders for less chatter
- Process consistency: Liquid cooled spindles
- Better process control: Direct drive spindles
- More cutting power: Integral high speed spindle motor
- Tooling flexibility: Accommodates a wide variety of tools, including ball tools
- Customizable: Platform can be tailored to your specific applications
Maximize throughput of precision optics, including spheres, aspheres, cylinders, freeforms, and more, by implementing the capability of the SXL 500 into your manufacturing operations.