Precision Blocking Station
UltraBloc is an ergonomic tabletop blocking station for achieving fast setup times when precision blocking is necessary for optics manufacturing. Typical grinding and sub-aperture polishing of precision optics require the work piece to be held with vacuum or an adhesive onto a metal or plastic blocking body. The adhesive may be a wax, pitch, epoxy, or UV cement. UltraBloc allows you to efficiently and precisely align your optic and blocking body when using an adhesive.
Features and benefits of the UltraBloc include:
- 0 to 300 rpm motorized precision bearing spindle, which can be activated via a foot switch or with a manual switch for continuous rotation
- Blocking bodies held with a precision hydraulic expansion chuck (with optional collets) or a v-block assembly to accommodate various diameter sizes
- Operator has the option of vacuum assist through the center of the spindle, which is extremely helpful for small diameter optics
- Horizontally mounted calipers and/or dial indicators assist in precise and repeatable alignment of lenses
- Electronics and spindle assembly are totally enclosed
- Actively air-cooled to dissipate heat from pitch or wax blocking more efficiently - using a torch or heat gun will not damage this robust unit
- Easy to clean
- Can also be utilized as a manual beveling station using diamond pads
Achieve faster job setups and increased throughput by implementing the UltraBloc into your optical manufacturing lab.